Classroom Language (The end of the Lesson)
1. Time to stop:
· It’s almost time to stop.
· I’m afraid it’s time to finish now.
· We’ll have to stop here.
· There’s the bell. It’s time to stop.
· That’s all for today.
2. No time to stop:
· The bell hasn’t gone yet.
· There are still two minutes to go.
· We still have a couple of minutes left.
· The lesson doesn’t finish till five past.
· We seem to have finished early.
· We have an extra five minutes.
· Sit quietly until the bell goes.
3. Wait a minute:
· Who would like to read?
· It might be an idea to leave this till next time.
· Let me explain what I want you to do next.
· Hang on a moment.
· Just hold on a moment.
· Stay where you are for a moment.
· Just a moment, please.
· One more thing before you go
· Listen to what—-is saying.
· Leave that alone now.
· Be careful.
· Back to your places.
4. Next time:
· Yes, that’s right.
· Almost, Try again
· Look this way.
· Stop talking.
· What about this word?
· We’ll do the rest of this chapter next time.
· We’ll finish this exercise next lesson.
· We’ve run out of time, so we’ll continue next lesson.
· We’ll continue this chapter next Monday.
· This is your homework for tonight.
· Do exercise 10 on page 23 for your homework.
· Prepare the next chapter for Monday.
· There is no homework tonight.
· Remember your homework. Take a worksheet as you leave.
· Goodbye, everyone.
· See you again next Wednesday.
· See you tomorrow afternoon. See you in room 7 after the break.
· Have a good holiday.
· Enjoy your vacation.
7. Leave the room:
· Get into a queue.
· Form a queue and wait for the bell.
· Everybody outside!
· All of you get outside now!
· Hurry up and get out!
· Try not to make any noise as you leave.
· Be quiet as you leave. Other classes are still working.