Learner Friendly Classroom (Classroom Display)
Displays are essential tools for supporting students’ learning and making the classroom
Wall displays are also useful as a means for students to interrogate their own … Students used the wall display in the classroom during science
Advantage of Display
· Colorful / attractive environment
· More welcoming
· Reference material to help Ss learner and practice L2
· Students ‘feel at home’ and comfortable in their classroom.
· They will take pride in their classroom.
· More conducive for learning.
· Lets teachers simultaneously instruct remote and local students.
· It provides a pen-based user interface on a projected display.
· Lets the teacher control the presentation of lecture materials
· Inform the teachers of classroom events.
Types of Display
· Useful classroom language,
· Grammar tips.
· Key verbs and conjugations.
· Common adjective/ noun pairs.
· Key tense use with example.
· Labels objects in classroom.
· Labels drawings of key vocabulary.
· Expressions illustrated.
· Students’ class work.
Who should make displays and why?
Students should make them!
· Students take responsibility for their learning space
· Encourages learner autonomy
· Responsibility for their learning
· Pride in their work and classroom.
How can we create displays using limited resources?
· Use images: magazines, newspapers
· Students can draw images
Use nature to make things: collect leaves and sticks and make a collage picture
· Do a classroom project to decorate classroom with posters and display that will be useful for their learning. Use students own work to display around the classroom
· Stick on walls, hang on string with clips around room