Lesson Plan of Division of 2-digit Numbers by 1-digit Numbers
Students` Learning Outcomes
- Solve real life problems involving division of 2-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers.
Information for Teachers
- Real life problems mean the situation or problems happening in the real world.
- To divide 2-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers, first divide the tens, then the ones.
- While teaching the lesson, also consult textbook where and when applicable.
Material / Resources
Writing board, chalk/marker, duster, 48 beads, 3 jars, mathematics textbook
- Write the question on the board:
- Read the question loudly and ask the students, how can we solve this question?
- After their feedback, tell them that let us solve it practically.
- Place 3 jars and 48 beads on the table in front of the class.
- Ask any student to come and put these beads equally in 3 jars.
- On completion, count the number of beads in each jar and tell them that 16 is the required answer.
- Write the answer on the board like this and explain.
- Repeat the following steps involved in solving this question.
- First divide the number at tens place and subtract.
- Then bring down 8 ones from dividend and divide.
- Write on the board:
- Ask the students to solve the question in their notebooks.
- Provide guidance where needed.
- In the end, solve the question on the board and ask them to check the answer.
Sum up / Conclusion
- To divide 2-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers, first divide the tens then the ones.
- Ask the students to solve the following question in their notebooks.
- Check the work and correct the mistake, if any.
- Ask the students to solve the questions given in the textbook..