Lesson Plan of Introduction of Human Body (Brain)
General Science Grade IV
Students’ Learning Outcomes
· Identify major parts (Brain) of human body.
· State functions of major parts (Brain) of the body.
Information for Teachers
· Brain receives information from other parts of body and controls their functions. There are three main parts of our brain: fore brain, mid-brain and hind-brain.
· The brain is an important organ that controls thought, memory, emotion, touch, motor skills, vision, respiration’s, temperature, hunger, and every process that regulates our body
Charts of human Brain, textbook
Worm up Activity
· Ask the students if they can name different parts of their bicycle. Write students’ responses on the board.
· Tell the students that as the bicycle has many parts, our body is also made of many parts. These parts are called organs.
· Ask the students to name all the organs of body which they can see and touch. Write students’ responses on board.
· Make them focus that these are the external parts of their body e.g. ear, eye, teeth, and skin.
· Explain that like these external parts there are some parts inside the body which also perform variety of functions.
· Draw a concept map on board, mentioning the main parts of human brain as follows.
· Use chart or photograph of brain for the identification of the main parts of human brain.
· Introduce the role of brain as the controlling center of all other parts of body.
· The brain is an important organ that controls thought, memory, emotion, touch, motor skills, vision, respirations, temperature, hunger, and every process that regulates our body.
Sum up / Conclusion
· Brain controls all the parts of body
· Draw following table on the board.
· Instruct the students how to fill the table.
· They will explain their understanding by completing the table