Lesson Plan of Introduction of Human Body (Eyes)
General Science Grade IV
Students’ Learning Outcomes
· Identify major parts (Eyes) of human body.
· State functions of major parts (Eyes) of the body.
Information for Teachers
· Eyes allow us to see the world and to differentiate among different colours. The coloured disk in the front of eye is iris. It has a hole (pupil) in the middle, through which light passes and falls on the lens. The lens focuses this light at a point and makes images.
· The human eye functions much like a digital camera. Both devices gather, focus, and transmit light through a lens to create an image of the surrounding environment. In order to see, we must have light. Light enters the eye through the cornea, the clear front surface of the eye, which acts like a camera lens.
Mirror, Charts of human Eyes, textbook
Worm up Activity
· Ask the students if they can name different parts of their bicycle. Write students’ responses on the board.
· Tell the students that as the bicycle has many parts, our body is also made of many parts. These parts are called organs.
· Ask the students to name all the organs of body which they can see and touch. Write students’ responses on board.
· Make them focus that these are the external parts of their body e.g. ear, eye, teeth, and skin.
· Explain that like these external parts there are some parts inside the body which also perform variety of functions.
· Ask questions regarding the structure of eye.
· Explain the basic structure of human eye by drawing it on the board. The diagram should be like the following.
· Reinforce their understanding by dividing students into groups of 4—5 individuals.
· Give some unbreakable mirror to each group and ask them to look at their eyes, one by one.
· Ask students to draw their observations on papers and label as many parts as they can. Students’ diagram should mention the following parts.
Sum up / Conclusion
The eyes help us to see the things which are present around us.
· Draw following table on the board.
· Instruct the students how to fill the table.
· They will explain their understanding by completing the table