Lesson Plan of Introduction of Human Body (Muscles)
General Science Grade IV
Students’ Learning Outcomes
· Identify major parts (Muscles) of human body.
· State functions of major parts (Muscles) of the body.
Information for Teachers
· Muscles are the parts of our body that can contract. When muscles, attached with bones contract. They produce movements.
· The 650 muscles in the body not only support movement — controlling walking, talking, sitting, standing, eating and other daily functions that people consciously perform — but also help to maintain posture and circulate blood and other substances throughout the body, among other functions.
· The main framework of the body (skeleton) is covered by muscles, whose function is to permit movement and maintain posture
Charts of human Muscles, textbook
Worm up Activity
· Ask the students if they can name different parts of their bicycle. Write students’ responses on the board.
· Tell the students that as the bicycle has many parts, our body is also made of many parts. These parts are called organs.
· Ask the students to name all the organs of body which they can see and touch. Write students’ responses on board.
· Make them focus that these are the external parts of their body e.g. ear, eye, teeth, and skin.
· Explain that like these external parts there are some parts inside the body which also perform variety of functions.
· With the help of charts and pictures ask the students to identify different muscles present in the body.
· Inform the students that whenever we do any work e.g. blinking of eyes, eating food, drawing or writing, the muscles involved, contract and relax.
Sum up / Conclusion
· Muscles can contract and produce movements.
· Draw following table on the board.
· Instruct the students how to fill the table.
· They will explain their understanding by completing the table