Lesson Plan of Multiplication
Students` Learning Outcomes
- Solve real life problems involving multiplication of 2-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers.
Information for Teachers
- To multiply a 2-digit number by a 1-digit number, first multiply the numbers at ones place, then multiply the number with the number at tens place.
- Real life problems mean the situations or problems happening in the real world.
- While teaching the lesson, also consult textbook where and when applicable.
Material / Resources
Writing board, chalk/marker, duster, chart (having number story), Mathematics textbook
- Display the following chart in front of the class and illustrate the number story.
- Ask the following questions to the students:
- How many flower pots are there in the shop?
- How many bunches of flowers are there in each pot?
- What we have to find?
- Collect their feedback and write on the board:
- Tell the students that to find total number of bunches, we will multiply these numbers.
- Call any student to solve it on the board.
- Check the work and correct the mistake if any.
- Write the following number story on the board:
- Ask the students to solve this question in their notebooks.
- Observe the students` work and guide where necessary.
Sum up / Conclusion
- Revise the concept with the help of chart used in Activity 1.
- Ask the students to solve the following question in their notebooks:
- Count the number of fans at your home.
- If each fan has 3 wings, then find the total number of wings.
- Ask the students to solve the questions given in the textbook.