Lesson Plan of Parts of Body and their Function
General Science Grade IV
Students’ Learning Outcomes
● Demonstrate the Important parts of the body.
● Define the functions of the parts of the body (Teeth, Bones, Muscles, Brain, Lungs, Heart, Stomach, Skin, Eyes and Ear).
Information for Teachers
● In our whole Life there are two periods of teethes.
Temporary Teeth and Permanent Teeth. There are four kinds of Final teeth
(1) Incisor (2) Canine
(3) Pre – molars (4) Molars
● Bones are solid parts of our body. In the birth time there are 300 bones
in a baby’s body. But later these remain 206.
● Tissue: A group of similar cells.
● Organ: Parts of body composed of tissues.
● System: Set of more than one organ that perform any special function.
● Organism: Set of all the systems of a living body – a living thing.
● Digestive system: System of digestion of food.
● Respiratory System: System of breathing.
● Excretory System: System for the removal of waste material.
● Nervous system: System of conduct the messages.
● Circulatory System: System for transport the blood in body.
● Ear: Human ear consist of three parts
1. Outer Ear 2. Middle Ear 3. Inner Ear
Duration: 40 Minutes
Material / Resources
Leaves of Plant, Stone, Pictures, Mirrors,
Worm up Activity
- Ask the students if they can name different parts of their bicycle. Write students’ response on the writing board.
- Tell the students that as the bicycle has many parts, our body is also made of many parts. These parts are called organs.
- Ask the students to name all the organs of body which they can see and touch. Write students’ response on board.
- Make them focus that these are the external parts of their body e. g. ear, eye, teeth and skin.
- Explain that like these external parts there are some parts inside the body, which also perform variety of function.