Lesson Plan of Pr-writing Strategies
English Grade VIII
Students’ Learning Outcomes
· Use a variety of pr-writing strategies such as brainstorming, mind mapping, outlining, etc.
Information for Teacher
A. What will be the setting?
B. What are going to be writing about?
C. Who will be the characters?
D. Who are you going to write to?
· Clustering/mind mapping: Clustering is also called mind mapping or idea mapping. It is a strategy that allows you to explore the relationships between ideas.
· Brainstorming: To produce an idea or way of solving a problem by holding a spontaneous group discussion is called brainstorming.
· Clustering/ mind map: is a diagram used to represent words, ideas, tasks, or other items linked to and arranged around a central key word or idea.
· Mind maps are used to create, envisage, structure and classify ideas and as an aid to studying and organizing information, solving problems, making decisions and writing.
Material / Resources
Chalk/marker, board, duster, chart
Worm up activity
· Select a topic and ask the students about this topic.
· Ask them to give their ideas about it and ask one student to come up and write those ideas on board.
· Here explain to them that this is a per-writing strategy called “brainstorming”.
· Draw a mind map on the board and write all important information in it.
· Explain them the mind map and the way it can be made.
· Now give them a topic and ask them to make a mind map of it.
· Divide the class in two groups.
· Give them a topic.
· Ask one group to write the main points about the topic through brainstorming.
· Ask the other group to jot down the main points about the topics and make the mind map of them.
· Both the group can cross check each other work.
Sum up / Conclusion
· Conclude the lesson by again explaining the concept of per-writing strategies to the class.
· Ask the students to select any topic and use per-writing strategies for writing important points about it.
· Ask the students to select a topic and make mind map of it.