Lesson Plan of Present Perfect Continues Tense
Students` Learning Outcomes
- Illustrate the use of tenses, (Present Perfect Continues Tense) previously learnt in their speech and writing.
Information for Teachers
- Present Perfect Continues Tense is a tense that expresses the action which is occurred in the past, and they proceed in the current situation or may be in the future.
Subject + have/had + been+ 1rd Form of the verb +ing+ Objective
Material / Resources
Writing board, chalk/marker, duster, flash cards of different word
Write the following sentences on the board.
- It has been raining cats and dogs for two hours.
- He has been singing a song for two hours.
- It has been raining since evening.
- I have been living in this house for two years.
- I shall be going for a walk.
- Birds has not been flying in the air for two days.
- Why have we been solving the sums since morning? .
Ask the students to identify the tense in each sentence.
Briefly discuss Present Perfect Continues Tense
Ask a volunteer who is a good actor to come forward.
Tell the student that it is an activity in which he/she will be
Acting / expressing his/her thought without speaking.
- He has been finishing his work for two hours.
- I have been passing the examination since autumn 2022.
- We have been eating food (meal) since 8 o`clock today.
- She has not been sweeping the house since morning.
- Hamid has not been doing his duty for one hour.
- Has the postman been coming since evening?
- Where have you been seeing this man for two hours?
The student acts out the situation given above without speaking.
The rest of the class has to tell what the actor is doing. .
After every action ask students what the boy/girl is doing
Give them the following sentences and ask them to supply past continuous. .
- We ________ not ________ a book at the moment (read)
- My father ________ to the Police officer yesterday. (talk)
- Ahmad and Ayesha ________ not _______ on the bus. (ride)
- The boy’s _____________ in the lack / pond. (swim)
- We ____________ table tennis right now. (play)
- Ahmed ____________ on the computer last week. (work)
Sum up / Conclusion
Elicit the difference between Present Perfect Continuous and Past Perfect Continues Tense.
Write the following sentences on the board and ask the students to change them in Present Perfect Continuous Tense.
- I watched a movie which was not interesting at all.
- Ali ran after the kitten to catch it.
- I get ready for school early in the morning.
- People laughed at the foolish behavior of Amir.
- Ahmed drives his father’s car without his permission.
Any related activities must be done from the text book.