Lesson Plan of Present Perfect Tense
Students` Learning Outcomes
- Illustrate the use of tenses, (Present Perfect Tense) previously learnt in their speech and writing.
Information for Teachers
- Present Perfect Tense is a tense that describes an action which has been completed at the present time.
Subject + has/have + 3rd Form of the verb + Objective
Material / Resources
Writing board, chalk/marker, duster, flash cards of different word
Write the following sentences on the board.
- I have done this work.
- Schools have opened.
- You will be waiting for me in the garden.
- I have returned his book.
- I shall be going for a walk.
- We have not told a lie.
- She will be sewing her clothes.
Ask the students to identify the tense in each sentence.
Briefly discuss Present Perfect Tense
Ask a volunteer who is a good actor to come forward.
Tell the student that it is an activity in which he/she will be
Acting / expressing his/her thought without speaking.
- He has finished his work.
- I have passed the examination.
- We have eaten food (meal).
- She has not swept the house.
- Hamid has not done his duty.
- Has the postman come?
- Where have you seen this man?
The student acts out the situation given above without speaking.
The rest of the class has to tell what the actor is doing. .
After every action ask students what the boy/girl is doing
Give them the following sentences and ask them to supply past continuous. .
- We ________ not ________ a book at the moment (read)
- My father ________ to the Police officer yesterday. (talk)
- Ahmad and Ayesha ________ not _______ on the bus. (ride)
- The boy’s _____________ in the lack / pond. (swim)
- We ____________ table tennis right now. (play)
- Ahmed ____________ on the computer last week. (work)
Sum up / Conclusion
Elicit the difference between Present Perfect and Future Perfect Tense.
Write the following sentences on the board and ask the students to change them in Future Perfect Tense.
- I watched a movie which was not interesting at all.
- Ali ran after the kitten to catch it.
- I get ready for school early in the morning.
- People laughed at the foolish behavior of Amir.
- Ahmed drives his father’s car without his permission.
Any related activities must be done from the text book.