Lesson Plan of Subtract Units of Time
Students` Learning Outcomes
- Subtract units of time in hours.
- Solve real life problems involving subtraction of units of time in hours.
Information for Teachers
- Units of time are used to measure the duration between the occurrences of two events.
- The smallest unit of time is second.
- The other units of time are minute, hour, day, week, month, and year.
Time unit hour can be subtracted from hours.
- While teaching the lesson, also consult textbook where and when applicable.
Material / Resources
Writing board, chalk/marker, duster, pointer/stick, textbook
- Ask students:
- How many hours are in one day?
- If you spend 6 hours each day in school then how many hours do you spend on other activities?
- Explain the subtraction procedure on the board.
- Write the following statements on the board and then ask questions.
- Maroon and his wife reached Islam Abad from Lahore in 8 hours by train and taxi. They travelled two hours by taxi. How long did they travel by train?
- Zara finished her homework in three hours. She completed Math`s work in one hour. How much time could she spare for rest of the homework?
- Ask students to find the difference between the following pairs of time:
Sum up / Conclusion
- Among hours, minutes and seconds, hour is the biggest unit of time. Hours can be subtracted from hours through simple mathematical subtraction process.
- Akram slept only 4 hours yesterday night. How much time he remained busy during the whole day?
- Nadia covered a distance in 3 hours. Ahmad covers the same distance in 2 hours. How much more time Nadia took to cover the same distance than Ahmad?
- Ask the students to solve the questions given in the textbook.