LESSON PLANNING OF CONSTRUCTING OF TRIANGLES
Students` Learning Outcomes
- Use protractor and straightedge ruler to construct a triangle when two angles and included side are given.
- Use protractor and straightedge ruler to construct acute-angled triangle, obtuse-angled triangle and right-angled triangles when one angle and adjacent sides are given.
Information for Teachers
- For example
- It helps if you draw a rough sketch of the triangle.
- Use a protractor to draw a line at 500 to one end of the line.
- Now do the same with 300 at the other end of the line.
Give question to solve
Consult textbook at each level wherever required.
Material / Resources
Writing board, chalk / marker, duster, geometry box, textbook
- Give them some time to recall drawing acute, obtuse and right angle.
- With the whole group share the steps with rough sketches as they did the same for complementary and supplementary angles. .
- Make sure that students have understood it.