Lesson Plan of Expressions in Conversation-1
Students` Learning Outcomes
- Use appropriate expressions in conversation to:
- Express and respond to opinion.
- Offer and respect apology
Information for Teachers
- Study class 3 and 4 related plans for better understanding and progression of the SLO.
- Opinion is a judgment about someone or something/a thought or belief about something or someone.
- Apology means to admit one`s mistake and say ‘sorry’.
- Note: keep the charts displayed in the class for some months.
Material / resources
Writing board, chalk/marker, charts, textbook
- Write the following on the board and ask the class for their answers.
Explain that the answers/responses could be different opinions (go over the meaning of opinion once again). All of us can`t have the same opinions openly.
Explain the following table to the students. Divide the class into groups of five. Each student must get a turn to pick any one way of asking the opinion from the table given. The students must ask about which thing he/she wants the opinion. Any other student from the group can pick a way of responding by adding his/her point of view about that.
Then the next student will ask the opinion about something else and any other student will reply. All the students should get a chance to both ask and answer in the group
Sum up/ Conclusion
- Ask how the words thank you, please, and sorry make our conversation polite?
- Ask about the new expressions they learnt through this lesson.
- Ask students: as;
- Which expression could they use for accepting apology?Quote two to three examples.
- Which expressions could be used for giving opinions in favor of the topic?Give two to three examples.
- Which expressions could be used for giving opinions against the topic? Give two to three examples.
- Find the exercise related to the topic in the textbook. Students must do this exercise in the notebooks or on the textbook.
- Give students a situation about any topic of your choice or the ones given below: as;
- Your opinion about:
- Importance of Cleanliness
- Importance of Education
- Growing more trees
- Ask them to write five sentences giving opinions using any five words and phrases given below: as;
- I am sorry to say but…….
- It is sad but…………….
- I think it is……………
- I think it is………………….
- We all know how it is, however,
- I feel…….
- I would like to…………
- If you ask me
- I would love to say that…….
- Students will practice these common rules of courtesy with their friends, teachers and family.
- (Note:Family members do not need to be literate for this, but the students` practice will improve their own communication skills).
- Ask them to write at least 10 sentences about how to receive and accept apology the students have learnt and discussed in class.