Lesson Plan of Pronouns
Students` Learning Outcomes
- Identify and recognize the function of pronouns and transitional devices.
Information for Teachers
- Transitional devices bring more sense in a paragraph by linking the idea in one sentence with another idea in the next sentence.
- Transitional devices can be pronouns, transitional words and phrases and punctuation marks.
- In this lesson common transitional devices will be used they are: as;
- And, but, or, then, firstly, secondly, lastly, in brief, again, for example, similarity, therefore, then, etc.
- Students need practice of these transitional devices.
- If the textbook has different transitional devices then change this plan accordingly to teach those transitional devices first. Teach these ones later in some other lessons during the year.
- While teaching the lesson, consult the textbook at all steps wherein and whenever applicable.
Material / Resources
Writing board, chalk/marker, textbook, colored chalks
- Recap students` knowledge of pronouns.
- Ask the definition and examples of pronouns. They have learnt this concept earlier.
- Ask students about words used to show sequence.
- Write the words ‘firstly, secondly, lastly’ on the writing board. Don`t write these words in order.
- Ask “What comes first and why?”
- Students tell the order of the words and the reason.
- Provide help if needed.
Ali went with ______ friend to the market to buy a few things, ______ fruit, vegetables and few daily need based things. _____ Mother had asked _____ to bring all things quickly as she had to make dinner. He liked doing shopping for his mother. ______ He bought some fruits, _____ he asked the shopkeeper for two bottles of Pepsi. Shopkeeper told him that it had finished ____ he bought Sprite. _______ His friend also bought Sprite. Ali was enjoying the activity. ____ ate some chocolates and sweets also. _____ He dropped his friend to his house and came back home. Ali was very tired but happy. ______ He enjoyed the trip to the market.
Solved passage for teacher`s reference only
Ali went with his friend to the market to buy a few things, for example fruit, vegetables and few daily need-based things. His mother had asked him to bring all things quickly as she had to make dinner. He liked doing shopping for his mother. Firstly, he bought some fruits; secondly, he picked the vegetables. Then he asked the shopkeeper for two bottles of Pepsi. Shopkeeper told him that it had finished therefore, he bought sprite. Similarly his friend also bought sprite. Ali was enjoying the activity. He and his friend ate some chocolates and sweets also. Lastly he dropped his friend to his house and came back home. Ali was very tired but happy. In short he enjoyed the trip to the market.
Sum up / Conclusion
Ask students to exchange their notebooks with their partner and correct the errors.
Ask students to tell the correct answers.
Assess students` understanding through their responses and written work in both lessons. Take a test in the following week.
Write a paragraph using the transitional devices learnt and pronouns.
Washing a car
Planting seeds in the garden