Lesson Planning of MEASUREMENT OF ANGLE WITH PROTRACTOR
Students` Learning Outcomes
- Draw a right angle using protractor.
- Draw acute and obtuse angles of different measures using protractor.
- Draw an angle using protractor:
- Equal in measure to a given angle,
- Twice the measure of a given angle,
- Equal in measure of the sum of two given angles,
Information for Teachers
- To draw an angle of 50° first draw a line segment angle will be draw at its one end.
- Then place the protractor so that its zero line matches with your line segment and that the vertex is in correct place. Then put a little mark at the spot showing 50 degrees.
- Take the protractor off and draw a line through your mark till vertex point.
- During this lesson teacher should consult textbook wherein and whenever it is applicable.
Material / Resources
Writing board, chalk/marker, duster, geometry box, pencil, rubber, paper, textbook
- Recall the drawing of vertical line by using set-squares.
- Ask any of the students to repeat and then introduce another way of drawing it.
Sum up / Conclusion
- Right angle is of 90°.
- Acute angle is greater than 0° and less than 90°.
- Obtuse angle is between 90° and 180°.
- Protractor is used to draw all angles.
Half or twice of an angle can be draw with protractor.
- Ask them to draw 5 angles of their own choice and label them.
- Any student come on board and demonstrates drawing of right angle.
- Assign activities from the textbook.
- Draw three acute angles by using protractor and write each step?
- Write the measurement of angles ∠A 0B, ∠A 0C, ∠A0D, ∠A0E, ∠A0F from the following figure.