Lesson Planning of Number Operations (Develop the Multiplication Table for ‘9’
Students` learning outcomes
- Develop the Multiplication Table for ‘9’
Information for Teachers
- Among the one digit table ‘9’ is the greatest number.
- Multiplication table for ‘9’ can be deduced easily with the help of times table for ‘3’, as;
- Write time`s table for ‘3’ and make it 3 times / thrice
- 1 x 3 = 3, make it thrice we will get time tables for ‘9’.
- While teaching the lesson, the teacher should also consult textbook at all steps wherein and whenever it is applicable.
Material / resources
Writing board, chalk/marker, duster, we can use fingers of hands, match sticks / stones
Brainstorming activity 1
Brainstorming activity 2
i) 3 branches =
ii) 6 branches =
iii) 9 branches =
Storytelling, activity method, demonstration
Sum up / Conclusion
- Teacher will ask the student, what you have learnt today.
- The time`s table for ‘9’ is very easy to develop. If we forgot we can develop it easily with help of fingers or time`s table for ‘3’
- In times table for ‘9’ the sum of digits is always ‘9’.
- Teacher will create situation and ask the following question, as;
- “if there are ‘9’ members in “tug of war team”. How many members will be there in?
i) 4 teams =
ii) 6 teams =
iii) 7 teams =
iv) 9 teams =
- The teacher is also required to involve the students in solving the problems given in the exercise at the end of unit/ chapter.
- Ask the students to prepare 100 squares board on chart paper and write counting from 1 – 100 horizontally.
- Then ask them to color those numbers whose sum is ‘9’.