Lesson Planning of Numbers in Words (1-100)
Students` Learning Outcomes
- Write numbers 1 – 100 in words
Information for Teachers
- Number from 1 to 19 gives different sounds and has different spellings.
- Counting in Tens is: ten, twenty, and thirty …… hundred.
- Numbers after 20 can be written by just joining one, two, and three …….. Nine after Tens e.g. Twenty-one, Twenty-two, Twenty –three……………………………….
Material / Resources
Writing board, chalk / marker, duster, textbook, chart of numbers from 1 to 100
- Ask the students to write counting from 10 – 19 in their notebooks.
- Tell the students that the spellings and sounds of numbers from 10 – 19 are different.
- But counting after 20 is easy to write and understand.
- Counting in tens is this: ten, twenty, thirty …………………..hundred.
- We just keep joining numbers from 1 – 19 in counting of Tens and make forward counting.
- Inform the students that today we will learn how to write numbers up to 100 in words.
- Write counting from twenty to ninety on the board.
- Tell the students that when tens are properly identified the next step is to join numbers from 1 – 19 with these tens.
- Write on the board:
- Continue this process with different numbers.
- Write the number “Eighty” on the board and ask the students to make numbers from eighty-one to eighty-nine in their notebooks.
- Show the students, chart of numbers from 1 to 100.
- Call any student and ask him to read the numbers with their names from the chart.
- Make flashcards, write numbers on one side of each card and distribute among the students.
- Ask students to write the number in words on the back of the flash cards.
- Collect their flash card back from the students.
- Correct them if needed and display the cards in the class.
- Write these numbers on the board.
- Ask the students to write the number in words in their notebooks.
- Correct their spellings and ask them to read aloud the spellings.
Sum up / Conclusion
- Spelling and sound of numbers from 1 to 19 are different.
- We can make numbers after 20 by just joining numbers 1 – 9 with counting in tens.
- Match the numbers in words with the numbers in figures.
- Join the numbers with ninety; write in words and in figures.
- Ask the students to solve the questions given in their textbook.