Lesson Planning of Simple Future Tense
Students` Learning Outcomes
- Use simple future tense for expressing actions in future.
Information for Teachers
- Rules for formation of the tense
- Subject + will / shall + 1st form of the verb, as;
I , We
He, She, It, They, SS, PS,
- This tense tells the intentions of people what they are planning for future.
- To clarify the concept of future tense, add the future time in the tense, as; tomorrow, next day, next week, next month, next year.
- While teaching the lesson, the teacher should also consult textbook at all steps where and when applicable.
Material / Resources
Writing board, chalk / marker, duster,
- Say / write some of the sentences in simple future tense on the board, as;
- I shall not come tomorrow.
- I shall visit / go to my friend`s house tomorrow.
- Next week, my friend will go to America.
- Here, define and explain what the simple future tense is and how it is formed (see information for the teachers for help)
- Ask the students to work in pairs and write 2-3 sentences about what they will do on the weekend.
- Sleep till 10, go to my uncle`s house, watch a cartoon movie, to park etc. image bicycle
- I shall ride my bicycle.
- I shall watch my favourite movie.
- I shall sleep 10 o`clock. Image sleep.
- I shall go to my dado`s house.
- I shall go to park.
Conclusion / Sum up
- Tell the students that we have learnt how the future tense is formed and used in simple future tense for teacher`s support, help has been provided, however, discuss the sentences made by students with them also.
- Ask 3-4 students randomly in the class, as;
- Define simple future tense.
- Which helping verbs are used in this sentence? (Expected answer; Will / Shall)
- Give some examples of future time.(Expected answer; Tomorrow, next month, next year)
- Teacher is also required to involve the students in solving the problems given in the exercise at end of unit/chapter.
- Ask the students to write 4-5 sentences about what they will do on Eid-ul-Uza.
- Give them vocabulary help.
- Offer prayers, sacrifice goat / cow, wear new clothes, distributes meat, relatives, friends.