Lesson Planning of Units of Time
Students` Learning Outcomes
- Read and write days and dates from the calendar.
Information for Teachers
- Calendar skills are necessary for daily living.
- Begin by teaching the child a concept of a day. A day is 24 hour period from midnight to midnight.
- Next introduce the concept of one week. Explain to them that a week has 7 days.
- Month is one of the twelve periods into which an year is divided, each having 28 or 29 to 31 days.
- While teaching the lesson, the teacher should also consult textbook at all steps wherein and whenever it is applicable.
Material / Resources
Writing board, chalk/marker, pointer, duster, 2021 calendar, name of days and months list.
- Tell a story to highlight the importance of calendar:
- What are calendars?
- Farmers need it to know when to plant and schedule other activities. In various parts of the world, the calendar tells them when to expect the last frost, and when to to excpect seasonal rains.
- On which date Pakistan came into being?
- What is the date of birth of Quid-I- Azam?
Conclusion / Sum up
- Ask from students what we have learnt today? (Expected answer would be as; Saturday)
- Can we find the date on a particular day? (Expected answer would be as; Saturday)
- Find the day for the date: 12th April, 2021. (Expected answer would be as; Monday)
- Find the date for the 1st Monday in month of May, 2021. (Expected answer would be as; 3)
- Teacher is also required to involve the students in solving the problems given in the exercise at the end of unit/chapter.
- What day of the week is on 28th of February 2021? (Expected answer would be as; Sunday)
- How many Sunday holidays are there in February 2021? (Expected answer would be as; 5)
- Find the days on which the birth days of your family member are falling this year. (Expected answer would be as; 14th, , 28th February, 9th April, 7th July, and 10th August, 2021)