Lesson Plan of Mental Mathematical Strategies to Multiply Numbers
Students` Learning Outcomes
- Apply mental mathematical strategies to multiply numbers up to the table of 10.
Information for Teachers
- Multiplication tables help to multiply numbers mentally.
- Mental calculation is helpful in daily life; we can multiply the numbers speedily to solve daily life problems.
- While teaching the lesson, also consult textbook where and when applicable.
Material / Resources
Writing board, chalk/marker, duster, worksheet, mathematics textbook
- Work on the board:
- Ask the students, how can we solve this question mentally?
- Collect their feedback and tell them that with the help of multiplication table, we can solve it.
- Ask the students to say multiplication table of 4 loudly.
- Ask the students to stop the table, when the number ‘20’ comes.
- On completion, write on the board: 4 times 5 = 20, 4 x 5 = 20
- So the required answer is 5.
- Write on the board:
- Ask any student to come in front and read the table of 3 loudly until the number ‘24’ comes.
- On completion, tell the students that the number ‘24’ comes at 8.
- So 8 is our required answer.
- Write the answer on the board.
- Repeat this activity for more questions.
- Involve maximum students in this activity.
- Pay special attention to the slow learners.
Sum up / Conclusion
- Revise the multiplication tables up to 10.
- Ask the students to solve the following worksheet or draw on the board.
- Solve mentally at your home:
- How many fingers in 2 hands?
- How many days in 5 weeks?
- How many wheels in 3 cars?
- Write the answers in your notebooks.
Ask the students to solve the questions given in the textbook