Microsoft Teams for Education for the School of the Future
Teacher training is an almost permanent need, and more so in these times, where new technologies become essential tools for hybrid, blended or online classes. To this must be added the increasing presence in classrooms of active methodologies, which require teachers to specialize or continue training on an ongoing basis.
Here is a selection of online courses and webinars for teachers offered by the most prominent training institute like QAED Lahore today. All of them aim to improve the teacher’s online training: from active methodologies to emotional or robotics education and programming.
- Designing, playing and learning with robots in class will be easy with these Didactic Association courses, which include the necessary practical training at the level of software, hardware and programming. Its objective is that the teacher can apply the knowledge acquired in the classroom from the first day, so they will learn to program from scratch with practical examples and will achieve the necessary skills to teach their students to program with the main educational robotics kits.
- Webinars on e-learning:
- It is a video-conference with a virtual whiteboard specially designed for education. With this webinar the students will learn to use the virtual classroom and the management center of this tool, it is necessary to reserve a place. on the other hand this institute has a wide catalog of online computer courses designed both for professional improvement and the training of human teams as well as for the development of primary and elementary education students through the modality of computer laboratories, with the aim of increasing the chances of academic and professional success.
2. An education for the school of the future:
- The QAED Lahore proposes to educational institutions, schools and teachers a virtual space where they can develop the necessary skills to make the Educational Project of the School of the year 2030. Among its training offer there are courses in school management and directive (such as directive skills or leadership educational), methodologies and evaluation (such as online assessment tools and strategies or methodologies such as Project-Based Learning in a Virtual Environment), tools and strategies, or even emotional education. Its courses have different levels, with short modules lasting approximately three hours and include resources such as video presentations, tutorials, homework, and interactive content for students.
3. Audiovisual training for blended classes:
- The QAED Lahore`s specialized in the audiovisual sector that designs technological solutions for different areas, including education, offers teachers online training to help them use the audiovisual equipment in their classrooms in blended classes. The teacher will also be taught to face blended classes and audiovisual tools will be provided.
4. Microsoft Teams for Education:
- Periodically connect with other trainers and continue personal professional development through Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) in Microsoft Teams.
- Build PLC teams around areas of interest, grade levels, or cross-disciplinary groups. New trainers can be added at any time, and team members can share files and collaborate across channels, even when they are away from school. Each PLC team is linked to their own One-note notebook for continued collaboration.
5. Advantages of using PLC equipment:
- Save time by organizing all work in one center
- Collaborate on chat stream posts
- Communicate by chat, audio or video calls
- Make announcements with @mentions in the General channel of the team
- Organize virtual or in-person meetings
- Work in smaller groups
- Share and organize content
- Use a One-note PLC notebook with pre-loaded templates for professional development and reference
- Add tabs, like Planner, to organize tasks
- Add tabs, such as Power BI, to view student data
- Add tabs, such as Twitter, to follow PLC-specific tweets
6. Online workshops on Microsoft answers:
- Microsoft Learning is better for Students effective learning and gain technical knowledge for the future so, Master new concepts at your own pace and on your schedule.
- #Microsoft-EDU-Lab was born from the idea of creating a laboratory of educational experiences, which integrates the key elements of teaching-learning environments according to the requirements of the 21st century, such as: pedagogy, technology, physical spaces and collaborative environments. Throughout the year, it offers different online workshops aimed at all members of the educational community (schools, professors, students and universities) and the experiences are personalized according to the user’s needs. In addition, they offer the entire Microsoft Education proposal: Office 365, Microsoft Teams, One-Note, Make Code, Mine craft… Build skills in popular Microsoft technologies with this self-paced learning method that includes step-by-step tutorials, interactive environments, and personalized learning paths that help you earn industry-recognized certifications. So, start here to gain practical knowledge with fun, interactive learning paths and modules. Additionally, educators can access Microsoft’s curriculum and instructional materials.