Pakistan’s Problems as a Developing Country
The developing countries have many problems in common in the globe. These problems are becoming fewer each year. I shall discuss some of the most serious problems facing our country.
1. Our country has a very outdated, outmoded and outlandish feudal system (big landowners’ system that has brought about 70% of our population and three –fourth of our land to standstill situation. Ever since the departure of the English from India Pakistan has been under the constant dead weight of the feudal lords or big landowners. Now is the time to release the rural population of this weight and provide it educational, medical and working facilities.
2. The new industrial and business magnates (men of wealth) in the cities need to be trained and controlled so that position and wealth don’t become a problem for society.
3. Our country is enmeshed in the narcotic (drug) business. The production and smuggling of drugs should be stoped as early as possible.
4. Illiteracy is the greatest evil because of which the people can’t understand their problems and social realities well.
5. We find corruption in all parts of our country. Dishonesty and cheating are as common today as honesty was in olden times.
6. We are facing the crises of water day by day. Population growth and enfrequent of rainfall. Insufficient no. of water reservoir.
7. Child labour has become major issue every passing day.
8. The debt problems.
9. The general atmosphere (Political, religious, labor, confusion, procession, strikes and terrorism) in country has badly affected our educational institutions.
10. The human rights to be abused through the length and breadth of our country.
11. Unequally distribution of economically resources.
12. Sectarian conflicts and fighting are created feeling of dissatisfaction among the mass.
13. Terrorism, bomb blasts and suicide attacks are carried out where and there in our country.
14. The large-scale of unemployment is a serious problem in our country. Unemployment goes hand in hand with the abnormal increase in population
15. The problem of rapid shift of village populations to the cities and pressure on cities can addressed by developing properly.
16. Overpopulation or population explosion in the country is a serious problem.
17. The rising tide of crime, especially in the cities in the form of dacoities, murders, sexual abuse and corruption in different form are found.
18. On top of it all, the problem of national integration. All forms of ethnic, racial and provincial feeling.
19. We need to find a lasting solution to our mammoth (very huge) problems that, if not done away with in time, are likely to do away with us.