The Role of ICT in Learning & Advantages and disadvantages of using ICT in Classroom
- The impact of ICT on education can be seen in changes in the teaching model, changes in the roles of teachers and students, the possibility of self-learning or the availability of more information.
- Technology has changed the way we live today and they have become commonplace in our daily lives. Over time, societies gradually evolve by incorporating them, and not because of this, the field of education was going to be different. Now, what effect does technology have on education? Changes in the teaching model and education in general the introduction of new technologies in class Room has changed the way education was traditionally perceived. Years ago, both teachers and students had to live in the same place in person, that is, they had to communicate directly.
- Teachers taught their classes skillfully while students received and withdrew from the ideas spread by the teacher. Therefore, it is a model characterized by harmony between the student and the teacher, i.e. it is important that the two come together at the same time so that such teaching can be effective.
- New technologies have made it possible to overcome geographical barriers, thus replacing traditional teaching-learning models. They have also made scheduling and calendar setting possible, allowing students to work from home at their own pace. That is, it has improved teaching by creating more dynamic and maximal participation in the learning process by students.
The Role of Teachers and Students in ICT:
- The Role of Teacher
- The introduction of new technologies has changed the role of both teachers and students in the classroom. Below we describe some of these changes and how they have modified the learning process. As a result of this new implementation, the teacher leaves the traditional personality of his speaker to be a mentor, guide and facilitator who should be able to know the potential of his students, in addition to creating it himself should also evaluate. The environment to be created must encourage criticism, learning motivation, curiosity, dialogue … Well; it should have a manager of learning and guidance at the group and individual level.
- The Role of students:
- The student needs a lot of skills and abilities to work in the society of the future, so he needs to know how to adapt to the rapidly evolving environment.
- It also has to work as a team, it has to be creative, it has to know how to solve problems, and it has to make decisions, and so on. That is, you have to have the ability and capacity to create and solve all the problems that arise, as today’s society requires.
- The educational model has shifted from teacher centralization to student-centered. It is no longer about students acquiring knowledge that prepares them for the work environment, but for life. Therefore, they should be trained for self-learning, selection and learning methods and paths and meaningful knowledge.
- Like the teacher, the student is no longer just a spectator in teaching. By incorporating new technologies into the teaching process, he has become the creator of his own knowledge. In other words, you will learn in a more important and independent way because you have to find and act on the information.
Advantages and disadvantages of using ICT in Classroom
- The use of ICT in the classrooms generally provides the centers with many opportunities and benefits as they support social relations as well as collaborative learning and the development of new skills, As well as opportunities to build knowledge and new ways of reasoning. They have a positive effect not only on the center but also on the family. For this reason, ICT, instead of being a source of controversy, is a source of family involvement. I want to be a place … Family members can enhance their communication channel by talking about the good uses and risks of new technology. One major cause for concern, both for teachers and for families, is the possibility of addictive behaviors that can harm their personal and social development, such as cyber addiction, sex, grooming, and others.
- The Role of Teacher in ICT: Teachers Role: One of the benefits of this is that teachers will have to recycle on a regular basis, as their role as knowledge advisors teaches them how to solve problems arising from the use of new technologies. Because of this, you also need to know how to take advantage of the resources available to you and what should be appropriate for each situation. These advantages have internal disadvantages, as teachers have to recycle regularly, so they have to invest a huge amount of time and resources.
- Also, on many occasions, teachers are overwhelmed by the amount of work involved in using ICT in the classroom, so in some cases they will prefer to use the classical method. After all, the use of ICT is not everything and many times we feel that they can surpass even the real experience gained from the laboratory.
- The Role of Student in ICT: Students Role: As far as teachers are concerned, the use of ICT also provides benefits to students. By using it in the classroom, students can make better use of their time, as it allows them to quickly access their information and even communicate with their classmates through forums or various tools. ۔
- In addition, because students have a central role in their learning, they will be able to work as a team on a specific topic, which is why collaborative learning is supported. This will have a positive effect on the student’s motivation as the classes will be more interactive and dynamic.
- Finally, among other possible benefits, point out that the use of ICT in classrooms has supported people with intellectual, physical, visual and hearing impairments. Well, they have adapted to their needs and the pace of their education, allowing them to integrate into the general class, which has increased their motivation and self-confidence.
- Due to the large amount of information available on the Internet, the student may be distracted and waste time browsing. And they may even be satisfied so they will actually limit the information to “cutting and pasting” without properly acting on it. Also, in some cases, teamwork does not work properly, as it is possible that there are people in this group who work harder than others.
Conclusion / Sum up
- The use of new technologies in the classroom has completely changed the traditional way of learning, we were supposed to teach and learn.
- Thanks to ICT, the education we have today is more efficient, faster and more efficient.
- Students, for their part, are no longer recipients of knowledge, nor do they learn it by heart. That is, in order to play an active role, they cease to be inactive in the teaching process. Therefore, they must be able to guide their teaching process, thus developing the necessary skills and abilities that societies are demanding of them in these new learning models.
- Some of the examples of ICT use in education are digital boards, tablets, interactive tables, digital books, educational applications and digital teaching platforms. Introduce our technologies into our lives.
- By incorporating our technologies into our lives, we have completely changed the world we live in. From these amendments we find what has happened in the field of education, in which, at the present time, it is strange to see a class in which they are not used to improve the teaching process.
- ICT has many tools to improve student movement and learning in the classroom that Can be used. However, not because we will use them all, we will be good professionals and children will learn more.